Thanksgiving is definitely one of our favorite holidays and meals, but sometimes we think turkey sandwich leftovers can be better than the main dish. Who doesn’t love a turkey sandwich with white bread and some delicious mayonnaise? It might be tempting to spread the sandwich love, and leftovers in general, with your dog or cat, but consider these tips before you give up your scraps.
- If you’re sharing turkey, be sure to remove any excess fat or skin from the meat. Also, turkey bones are dangerous to dogs, make sure they stay far away from your pet.
- Potatoes are safe to share, but mashed potatoes contain ingredients that pets should avoid: butter, cheese, sour cream, etc.
- A small serving of cranberry sauce is safe for dogs.
- We shouldn’t have to remind you, but chocolate is off the table.
- Fresh vegetables such as green beans make for a safe treat, again just be careful they don’t contain additional dairy and alliums (onions, garlic, scallions, shallots, etc.).